Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Our trip to the Smoky Mountains (hills)

Josh, the boys and I decided to head to the Smoky Mountains for a couple of days with his parents. Collyn LOVES the outdoors and can't get enough of 'bugs' and animals and airplanes and the list obviously goes on forever. Liam was too small to really take part in any of the C adventures this trip and I felt back because he wasn't getting as much camera time as his brother. L is just happy to talk to anyone who will listen (his favorite person to conversate with is his mommy) and chew on his fingers, or whatever else is handy. He weighs almost 15 lbs and is 24 1/2 inches long at this point. For C's 4 month appt, we went at 5 months and his stats were about a month a head of what L is right now. . so I am sure they will have been around the same size at 5 moths.

We went on a nature drive (an 11 mile loop that you had to drive about 35 miles to get to. . at 35 mph) and while feeding L man in the front seat while C and daddy explored the great outdoors, L had a poopular explosion. So bad that I had to get Nannie out of her truck to help me clean him up. Thus, nakie baby.

I learn something new everyday being married to Josh. Apparently I didn't quite live as a kid because I never tied a Junebug with some string to use it as a flying toy. . .C didn't quite understand.


I wanted to stop so we could let C get wet and wet he got! While playing with his daddy, he got a little top heavy and plunged into the cold river water. . he was having too much fun to really get scared and loved every minute of it.

The fam on the nature loop hanging out.

After the plunge. .

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mommy he wanted to swim!!! I love the bug pic it is too cool!!!
Love
k