Sunday, February 10, 2008

Well, where should I start? Collyn has gone, for the first time to spend the night with his Nannie and Pawpaw. The poor little guy has the flu and I am not feeling much better. His Nannie promised me that she would take care of him and I know she will, but it still breaks my heart that I can't be there to take care of him. I told Josh in a phone call earlier today that I thought I just might die of broken-heartedness. I was promptly told that there is no such disease. . maybe it is just a mommy disease.

I know that this is the first big step in letting my baby grow up. . but do I really have to? He is, after all, only 13 months old. . and all too soon he will no longer be my only baby. . but always my first. Each and every moment of this last year has brought me more joy than I could have ever imagined. From his first smile to his first steps, my little guy has grown into this amazing little personality. I know that he is going to be the best big brother in the whole wide world and that Liam is a lucky little guy. I just pray that Liam is as easy going as Collyn is. . because we all know, if he is anything like his mommy. . we are in for one wild trip!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said it...I didn't...I will remind you about it later
love
k